Negative effects of moss on or around your home
The rainy, west-coast weather we get here in Langley provides the perfect conditions for moss to grow. You may think moss growing on a roof or siding adds charm, but moss can be quite destructive and lead to health hazards.
The biggest problem is moss holds water. That means any underlying material, such as the siding of your house or the shingles on your roof, will begin to rot or deteriorate because of the constant moisture. This can lead to expensive repairs. As well, when structures are wet all the time, harmful fungi like mould will start to grow.
Mould growing on the exterior of your house can present a health hazard, particularly for those with respiratory conditions like asthma or allergies. Mould can cause congestion, coughing and sneezing, and can make the symptoms, for those who are already struggling, even worse.
The only way to eliminate mould from the exterior of your house is to remove the moss. To remove the moss, it must be thoroughly washed away.
At Nick’s Exterior Cleaning, we use a Soft-Wash method to completely remove moss. The benefits of this method are:
- Gentle--won’t damage roof shingles or any siding material.
- Non-toxic--safe for pets, plants, and wildlife.
- Long-lasting--moss is guaranteed not to return for years.
Give us a call or send an email if you have a residential home in need of roof moss removal and/or exterior siding or wall washing.